The first part of "thing" (1994-1999)
Basically it will eventually be every single decent image of me taken or created in just over two decades, all in chronological order, including loads never before posted.
For me it's a form of aversion therapy. I'm trying to overload on images of myself so I can wipe my slate clean and make a new, more creative start next year. Once I'm done no one (including me) will ever want to see another photo or video or picture of me again and I will feel free to move my creative practice onto other things.
I have a lot more to say about "thing", my motivation(s), the "year of the selfie" and why I'm stopping taking photos of myself, but I will post those thoughts after the final part of "thing", which will probably leak into 2015 at this rate.
Credits for this segment (1994-99):
All images by me except:
- Some photos by Kate F, David G, Nick M, Damien D, Dolly, Honeymink, Karen G, Daniel G, Pauline, Sarah Demetriou
- Stills from untitled video (1994) by me and David G
- Super 8 still (1995) by Minou
- Photocollages by Luis
- Stills from 'Shift' (1996) © Carlton TV, directed by Tom Mugridge
- Six Inch Killaz drawings by Mona
- Skin Two photomontage (1996) by Michael Fearnley
- Ritual photo by James & James (1997)
- Flickbook of stills from 'Trashola' (1997) by Donald Takeshita-Guy
- Fashion drawing (my 'Studio 54' suit design) by Roger Craig Searle (1997)
- MSN site of the day screen grab ©1998 Microsoft
- Flickbook of stills from 'The Warehouse' (1998) © Thames TV, produced by Kate Copstick
- Flickbook of stills from Six Inch Killaz at Madam Jojos by Phil Clarke (1998)
- Some drawings by Mercy Breheny (!998)
- Various Six Inch Killaz flyer designs by Mona and Luis
- Flipside magazine photos by Johnny Volcano (1999)
Some images could not have attribution traced. Mists of time etc. Sorry if you were the creator.
comments powered by Disqus